Operational Excellence Programme
Our Client is a leading supplier of high quality products to premium high street retailers such as Marks & Spencer.
Following a challenging business cycle, Turner & Townsend Suiko was appointed to deliver a business-critical Continuous Improvement programme the core focus of which centred on the delivery of the organisation’s operating system. The programme encompassed the swift deployment and implementation of basic operational excellence practices across all critical areas of the organisation.
The business situation required us to fast-track the Turner & Townsend Suiko process with a bespoke approach to incorporate tools and training as quickly as possible.
In 12 weeks Turner & Townsend Suiko had designed an operating system in conjunction with the site team and delivered training to build awareness of this and capability in core CI tools, utilising the Suiko Levels 1-3. The intensive programme encompassed:
- 2 sites
- 92 participants
- 1,800+ hours
- 7 modules
- Suiko Levels 1-3 Foundation, Improve, Control
During Phase 1 of the operating system rollout Turner & Townsend Suiko’s holistic approach engaged every department, zone and support function of the business. The programme centred on:
- CI (daily review, metrics and measures) short interval control
- Organisational effectiveness (strategy, HLI, action logs and recognition)
- Action team training (5 Why’s) tools and techniques
- Increase in yield and productivity
- Great traction and better efficiencies realised within all zones
- Implemented and reported on Daily Metrics with SIC (short interval control)
- Achieved real savings – (circa £55,000 per period of real benefit vs the baseline
Daily Reviews in Zone 1&2: Effectiveness >80%
Modification of Production Daily Review: 70>%
Productivity in Zone 2 up 18%
Downgrades Zone 2 down 40%
©Turner & Townsend Suiko Limited. This content is for general information purposes only and does not purport to constitute professional advice. We do not make any representation or give any warranty, express or implied, and shall not be liable for any losses or damages whatsoever, arising from reliance on information contained in this document.
It must not be made available or copied or otherwise quoted or referred to in whole or in part in any way, including orally, to any other party without our express written permission and we accept no liability of whatsoever nature for any use by any other party.